O(1) Labs is seeking someone to help implement the cryptography at the heart of Coda.
Cryptography engineers will
- Help design maximally efficient, high-assurance cryptographic primitives.
- Research developments in the field and evaluate their applicability in our system.
- Implement cryptographic primitives in OCaml and Rust.
- Implement and optimize algorithms inside of zk-SNARKs using snarky.
Some recent projects we’ve worked on are implementing recursive SNARK verification, an optimized Schnorr signature scheme on a hardware wallet, and using finite-field arithmetic to simulate real arithmetic and compute “e^x” inside a SNARK.
Nice to have
- Experience with performant implementation of cryptography.
- Knowledge of Rust or functional programming.
- The ability to design modular and beautiful software.
- The ability to communicate clearly and precisely.
- Understanding of zero-knowledge proofs.
There are no hard requirements and we’re more interested in learning about your individual background.
O(1) Labs is aiming to develop the first cryptocurrency protocol that can deliver on the promise of supporting real-world applications and widespread use. Our team is based in San Francisco, and we are funded by top investors (including Polychain, Metastable, Max Levchin, and Naval Ravikant).
We’re bringing Coda Protocol to market, a cryptocurrency that compresses the blockchain from hundreds of gigabytes down to the size of a few tweets. It can scale to thousands of transactions per second and millions of users while remaining decentralized enough for even cellphones to be fully verifying nodes.
We’re working on technologies with the potential to reimagine social structures. We believe it’s important to incorporate diverse perspectives from conception through realization.
This is a chance to join a small, collaborative team and have a ton of independence while working on fascinating cross-disciplinary problems that span cryptography, engineering, product design, economics, and sociology. We also offer competitive compensation both in salary and equity as well as top-of-the-market benefits.
If you’d be interested in talking further, please get in touch by sending an email with your resume and the subject “Cryptography Engineer Applicant” to email@example.com.
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive company. People of color, LGBTQ individuals, women, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.